Message From The Divine

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,

So,

Listen to the God in me as He teaches me to teach you.

Through His teaching, we are divinely inspired so this is the
DIVINE EXPRESSION


Monday, March 22, 2010

#DearFutureHusband



One of the current trending topics on Twitter is "#DearFutureHusband" and many of the women on Twitter are sharing some ideas they have about their future husband, what he should possess, and how he should treat them once they are married. I posted a few tweets but I am so disheartened about marriage that I could not work up the effort to truly participate in the trend...


Which leads me to this blog post...

I am 27 years old, educated, intelligent, goal-oriented, and well versed on many issues. I can hold a conversation, end a conversation, or change a subject with ease. My closest friends regard me as a scholar and learned thinkers believe me to be on my way to their status. But yet I am disheartened. As I approach my 28th year of life, the belief in my being married has dwindled exponentially. Maybe it's because I am single with no current prospects or maybe it is because I am fiercely independent, either way, I am beginning the doubt my own personal American dream.

A husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, white picket fence...

Prince Charming was supposed to sweep me off of my feet years ago, but years ago I was dating a man who promised me that he was single even after his fiancee called me. I have dated many men, tall, dark, smart, uneducated, big, skinny, country and refined but I always end up right where I am now. Single... Is the problem me? It could be but if the man God has for me was made for me then I can't miss him, can I?

The statistics say that most black women will be single for the overwhelming majority of their lives if not their entire lives.

So what about the women who are like me? Are we even more likely to be single forever?

Oh the thoughts that race through my cranium...


Sidebar: This was supposed to be a love letter to my future husband...

1 responses:

Rachel said...

I completely understand Drea! I think I read somewhere that over 75% of black women will be single... and I'm sure the stat for fiercely intelligent, educated, and independent women rises even more!
However, I been praying for God to send the man He made and designed for me TO me when the time is right. I pray that he is a black man.. but the way its looking now, it doesn't matter.. As long as he is a true Man of God, intelligent, and will love me and be loyal to me (amongst others things) then that's all I can ask for!

My only suggestion is to wait and lean on the Lord...