Message From The Divine

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers,

So,

Listen to the God in me as He teaches me to teach you.

Through His teaching, we are divinely inspired so this is the
DIVINE EXPRESSION


Sunday, April 25, 2010

After You've Done All You Can


Today my Pastor preached about continuing on the journey after wanting to give up. He said that discouragement comes after you've made progress and you can see your destination in front of you. He said that when the vision is coming to pass after it has tarried and you have waited for it, that is the perfect time for everything to go wrong, go amuck, and go bad. I know exactly what's he's talking about.


This week was a trying one for me. After spending $100 dollars I had not planned for, I received an e-mail from Howard about the fellowship I had been given. It turns out that when it was time to actually assign fellowships, there was not enough funding for mine. So I have been accepted into a doctoral program but there's no money for me to go. Well I've been telling people that I'm going and I have made plans to move but is there still a reason for me to go? My mom said there is a blessing waiting for me in DC but does she know that the money isn't available. I know I am supposed to a doctorate. I know my PhD was written into my life story when I was being formed in the womb. Is the timing wrong? Normally I would start doubting myself and think that I must not deserve to go but this time I will remain focused and faithful. The God I know can do anything but fail. He has not failed me yet and He will not fail me now. I don't know how He's going to do it but I trust He will not leave me nor will He forsake me. I will endure and enjoy the season I'm in.

Going forward I still don't know what I'm going to do. I have no idea where the funding will come from or where I will live when I arrive in DC. All I know that a walk of faith does not look at what is front, but what opportunity God has to do what only He is able to do. The Bible says, "hope that is seen is not hope at all." With that being sad, I will not be afraid for God has not given me the spirit of fear. I have power, I have love, and I have a sound mind.

God does His best work when it looks impossible.

Do I stay or do I go???

1 responses:

Unknown said...

I'll touch and agree on that! I'll be looking out for the praise report!!!!!